Monday, May 24, 2010

Things I never thought I'd do (until I became a mommy)

I realized that I've been skimping on the confessions lately...and as I was catching up on blogs from Foxy Pink Cheetah (access her blog here) I saw that she mentioned me in her blog awards:
Diez: Confessions of a first time mom. Another refreshing blog. Blogs honestly about being a mom for the first time and everything that goes along with it.


 
It made me feel SO GOOD. In one of her other entries she says: "For some of you long-time readers, you know that I make fun of "mommy-blogs." Only the ones that suck, though. Here's the thing: if you're being true to yourself and your personality and you blog about your kid, awesome!"
 
So it made me feel even better that she'd mentioned me. I guess one of the reasons that I don't update this blog every day is that I don't want to brag about my son all the time. (Well, okay, I do...what mom doesn't...but I know people don't want to read about that ;) Lately life has been pretty uneventful. I get up at 6 (after pushing snooze for 30 minutes), work until 3 or 4, and come home to entertain G...which is becoming more difficult because he can't do a whole lot on his own...like sit. There's not much you can do if you can't sit on your own! We read a few books, play with some toys, bounce in the exersaucer, and watch Nick Jr. Yikes...yes, my son is 6 months old and watches TV! I always said that I didn't want him watching TV at a young age, but I can't help it...sometimes it's the only thing that will keep him entertained. In my defense, I usually watch it with him and I sing along or repeat the words (like on Dora or Diego).
 
Here are some other things I never thought I'd do:
  • let my house get cluttered with all kinds of toys
  • spend lots of time looking for a certain plush toy from a certain show on Nick Jr.
  • say "Swiper, no swiping"
  • talk to every parent that I see with a baby that looks remotely close to G in age
  • ride in the backseat with G if hubby is driving
  • give up buying clothes for myself so I can buy an outfit for G
  • let G ride in the infant carrier without being strapped in (I really can't believe I've done this...and I've only done it twice...but when you've had a fussy fussy day and your baby finally goes to sleep, you avoid what might wake him/her up!)
  • give up watching shows that used to be favorites

1 comment: