Thursday, July 1, 2010

Peekaboo!

I don't even know if anyone noticed that I hadn't blogged in almost a month...but I'm back. I took a semi-break from the internet...mostly because I just haven't had the time to get on here. I have a blog on another network that I've had for 5 years...but it's like a ghost town on there. Any guesses why? Yea...because of Facebook. I'm not going to lie...I have a FB...and I actually LOVE my FB. It's super easy to use, especially on a Blackberry. I post pix almost daily. I update my status whenever I think of something whitty or if I'm doing something exciting which you might be surprised to know is usually several times a day ;) But there is one thing I don't like about FB.
ALL OF MY FRIENDS (and "friends") and a lot of my family members have FB too!
I love how easy it is to keep up with everyone...and see pix of what they're up to...but the down side is that I can't blog on there. I don't want them knowing my every thought and secret. I don't want to hear their replies to everything I say.
So in case you're wondering what I've been up to...here's a quick summary:
  • School ended on June 10. Basically our school bribed kids to come because our attendance was so bad in the fall. We literally gave out raffle tickets and had drawings for gift cards and ipods. I heard our attendance was still really low though.
  • My grandmother's burial was June 19. We packed up a Dodge Journey and hubby, G, my mom, dad, and I all went to NY. (Well, we actually dropped my dad off in Vermont to see his family, but that's a blog in itself.) It was a great time, but very short. We were there from June 15-20.
  • On the way home we stopped in Hoboken, NJ to visit Carlo's Bakery from TLC's "Cake Boss". One word: amazing! Such a fun little pit stop...but I will never take I-95 to or from NY again. It has been years...and it's so much worse than I remember!
  • Ever since we got home from our trip I've been non-stop mommy. I'm having so much fun spending time with G, but it is DRAINING! Whoever thinks that being a SAHM is just an easy job for women who don't want to work needs to think again.
  • We had a yard sale and tried to get rid of a lot of stuff G has outgrown. We made almost $200 but I ended up consigning and ebaying the rest of the stuff. If I have time tomorrow I will have a post about consigning...you must read this if you are a new mommy!
  • I have joined a local mommies group and I'm hoping to meet some soon!
My summer is going to be over before I know it. We are busy the next few weeks and then I start work again. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about FB. Love it, but I don't talk about TTC stuff on there...I'm sure most of my guy friends from high school do NOT want to hear about that. But it's still nice to have a place to write personal things.
    Sounds like you've been busy and the summer just started!! Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete