Sunday, March 7, 2010

Confession #16: I sabotage my own weight loss

I could write a novel about my weight ups and downs...but I'll spare you. All I want to admit is that I have a bad habit of not taking the time to pack a good nutritious lunch and then I end up eating candy that I have stashed in my office. I rationalize it by saying "well I worked out hard today". I got this great idea this weekend that I will do South Beach again. It worked for me about 5 years ago...not sure why I ever stopped. Anyways, I told myself that since I'm probably bloated due to PMS I'll probably gain tomorrow...and therefore I've eaten a few things that I shouldn't have. And of course I've loaded up on carbs since I'll be giving them up. But yesterday I also took my measurements and YIKES...if I want to look half way decent this summer when I go visit extended family I've got to do this...I can't keep putting it off!
Furthermore, since I've promised that this will be a very honest blog, I'm going to publish my current weight and measurements. (Encouragement would be much appreciated!)
Current weight: 222 (I was 195 pre-pregnancy and 250 when I gave birth to G)
Waist: 46
Chest: 40
Thighs: 23
Biceps: 12
Pants size: 18
Anyone out there reading who is trying to lose baby weight also???

3 comments:

  1. I think the South Beach diet is great. I would love to start back on it too. Even though I'm not trying to loose baby weight, I would like to loose a few pounds before getting pregnant, and hopefully when I do get pregnant, not gain TOO much. Just keep at it. Keep almonds and pistachios by your desk or around you during the day to snack on. Keep at it and you'll be at your goal in no time I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped the baby weight...now it's just regular weight loss, which doesn't have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you! I'm trying to lose baby weight..and my baby turns 1 at the end of this month. I was 200 pre-pg, at least 285 (I stopped looking) when I gave birth, and I'm 216 now.

    I love finding other people in my weight range to motivate me and to help motivate!

    ReplyDelete