Saturday, March 13, 2010

Confession #18: I don't really look forward to weekends anymore

For many many years, weekends were when hubby and I could spend some quality time together. (Remember, we dated for 6 years before we got married and then were married for 6 before I got pregnant). We'd do whatever...walk the mall, go for a 5 mile jog, watch movies all day...or my personal fave: go out to eat at Moe's and then go to Borders, get a stack of my favorite trashy magazines and a frozen drink and read for hours.
Now that we have a 3 month old we don't get to do that anymore. Even though his fussiness has improved A LOT, weekends still seem to be bad. It's like he's saved it up all week and then it rears its ugly head. For the past few weeks he hasn't pooped at all on Friday and then Saturday he fusses a lot. (Any ideas why this might happen week after week?) Fortunately, he did poop yesterday but he's been fussy today. He's taking a nap right now (and daddy is too) but since he's already been a fussy gus, hubby doesn't want to go out in public. Not sure what we would do, but I'd be content just walking around the mall. I might go tonight while hubby and his brother are at a men's church conference.
Anyhoo...I'm hoping this all clears up soon because starting next week we have a full calendar for about the next 6 weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment