Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stay strong

Wow...
I don't know if it's from starting SouthBeach or the 24 stomach flu I had where lots came out but nothing went in (except a frosty...totally not SB approved, I know) or the calories I've been blasting doing the "30 day shred" every day or what...but...
I lost 8 pounds last week! I am so freakin' excited! I'm not doing my measurements again for a few more weeks, but I do weigh myself every Monday.

I teach a Modern Fitness class 1st period and female weight lifting 3rd period, so I get 2 work outs a day. I have 8 girls in MF, and for the most part they've been doing pretty well. I told them from day one that we would be doing the 30 day shred for the whole month of March to get us ready for spring break. We're in the middle of week 3 and they are
trying
to
break
me!
They whine whine whine and beg to do "something else". I know they really want me to give in and say "ok, you can have a free day."
HECK
NO!
I am determined to do this thing and dang it...if I'm doing it, they can do it too. I keep reminding them that they are athletes (I have 4 softball players and 1 soccer player in there) and I just had a baby 3 months ago. I think they're tired of hearing that, but
I
will
not
give
in.
Geez...teaching is a lot like parenting, isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment