Thursday, March 4, 2010

Confession #15: I think I really am just a b****

I've been teaching for 7 years...this is my 3rd at my current school. Last semester I taught freshman health all day. I've taught freshmen before, but we spent half the time in health and half in PE. Since I was pregnant in the fall, I switched kids with the PE teacher. I didn't realize that being in a classroom for 18 straight weeks with freshmen can be hell. They got on my nerves EVERY DAY. Of course I blamed it on my pregnancy hormones, but it got to a point the week before my due date that I went to my OB and said "write me out of work or I might hurt someone". Of course then I found out that I had high blood pressure which led to my induction...I blame it all on those kids.
Anyways, now that I'm back at school I'm not teaching any freshmen (yay!). For the first few weeks everything was great. I was excited to be out of the classroom and in the gym and I'm actually working out with my classes. But lately I've been slipping back into the groove of everything/one annoying me and snapping at people for crazy stuff. There is a strong possibility that it's PMS...I am on my 3rd week of pills after all. (Isn't it funny that everyone says they're PMSing while their on their periods...hello, it's called PREmenstrual syndrome LOL). I guess I'll have to follow up on this post and see if my bitchiness goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment