Thursday, January 21, 2010

Confession #1: I don't know everything

As of right now, my husband and I are currently not speaking to his oldest brother and his wife...which also means that we are not in contact with our niece and nephew. It sucks. I am not going to get into the details of why, but in the exchange of emails that occurred leading up to this situation, my sister-in-law informed me that I am haughty and a know-it-all.
We have differing opinions on lots of things...especially parenting issues...and I never thought I was acting like I know everything.
In the past 7 weeks that I've been a first time mom, I have learned A LOT. And I know I will learn a lot more. I will make lots of mistakes. But here, in front of you, God, and everyone I want to say it:

I don't know everything

Bear with me as I share my confessions and opinions. Feel free to share yours, even if we don't agree.
This is the official launch of "Confessions of a first time mom"

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much I have learned in 7 weeks. Many of the things I said I would "never" do, I am doing! It boggles my mind that so many people are so willing to offer judgements and opinions on EVERYTHING even when they aren't asked! Do what you feel is best for you son and your situation. That's the bottom line. I just grit my teeth, listen to what people tell me I "should" do, and then Brian and I do what we feel is best for our family.

    ReplyDelete