Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Confession #4: I'm kind of a snob

My sister-in-law is very frugal. I guess I am too when it comes to certain things. I don't mind saving money by buying the generic Tylenol, body wash, pasta or canned vegetables...and maybe a few other things. But there are a few things I won't compromise on: cream cheese (must be Philadelphia), orange juice (Tropicana in the jug or Simply Orange), ice cream (Edy's), and toilet paper (Charmin).
When it comes to my baby, I want the best. For formula, so far I have only bought Similac. Other people tell me that the generic brand is the same and costs half as much, but I'm going to talk to the pediatrician before switching. For diapers I love my Pampers. I did have someone buy me newborn Huggies which I used when I ran out of Pampers...and the thing I liked about those was there was a little space cut out to go around the umbilical stump. I wish I'd used Huggies for the newborn stage because with Pampers you have to fold them down.
The funny thing is, out of all the baby things that I thought wouldn't matter what brand you got, wipes was the top of the list...and boy was I wrong! If you are a first time mom, take this piece of advice:
DO NOT BUY PARENT'S CHOICE (Walmart brand) WIPES!!!
In my experience, they stick together and you end up using 3 or 4 which probably ends up being the same price as if you'd used 1 Pampers or Huggies wipe.

1 comment:

  1. we like the Kirkland wipes from Costco... and you can order them on amazon.

    ReplyDelete