Thursday, January 28, 2010

Helpful Hint: Baby store discounts

I'm not an expert by any means, but I would say that Babies R Us probably sells the majority of baby items out of all baby specialty stores. I personally am not a big fan of Babies R Us. The customer service leaves much to be desired and I feel like I'm buying something that everyone else has (see, I told you I was a snob;). I also don't like their return policies. However, I do shop there a lot...mainly because everything's all in one store and they have a great "rewards card". If you don't have one SIGN UP NOW. It's free and you earn points every time you buy stuff. I've only had a card for 6 months and I've already earned about $20 in gift certificates. (I would have more, but my husband forgot to have them swipe our card when we bought a $400 crib). They also send TONS of coupons and have a program where when you buy 9 value boxes of Pampers, the 10th one is free.
If I had a choice, though, I'd shop at Buy Buy Baby. It's owned by the same company that owns another store with triple Bs...Bed Bath and Beyond. The customer service is EXCELLENT and they have a much larger selection of items...and not the same old stuff you see at Babies R Us. It is a little more expensive, but the great thing about Buy Buy Baby is that you can use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons! We're actually going to use a 20% off coupon to buy another car seat when he grows out of the carrier. (I'll talk about what car seat we're going to get later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment