Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brand I Love: Chicco

I'm not really sure what made me want to choose Chicco (did you know it's pronounced Key-co?) for my travel system, but I did. One time at Target I saw a lady with it and I asked her how she liked it and she told me that she originally had a different one but hated it. She got this one and loved it and all her friends switched over. That sealed the deal for me. We got the gray and green color combo. Let me tell you...I LOVE IT! The main reason is that it's so easy to use. I have a funny story about the first time I decided to use it.
I'd been cooped up in the house for several weeks and just had to get out. I decided to head to the local Mills mall with G. I'd never used the stroller before and had no idea how to fold it up, so I went to their website where I found a great video of how to fold it up. It was so easy! I packed it in the trunk, loaded up G and went on my way. When I got to the mall, I unfolded it and tried to put the carrier in it. It wouldn't fit! I tried several times, but it was really cold outside so I went ahead and pushed the stroller with one hand and carried him in the other. As soon as I got inside, I tried again, but to no avail. Finally I saw a woman headed towards me with a stroller...a Graco...but I didn't care...I immediately called to her. "M'am...do you think you can help me?" It took her about 10 seconds to find the little lever you have to push to put down the backrest that would be up if he were bigger. Voila...the carrier slipped right into place! I felt like such an idiot.
When he outgrows this carrier, I will be buying a different convertible car seat...more about that later...but for now I love my Chicco!
**BTW, Buy Buy Baby has a bigger selection of colors than Babies R Us!**

Does anyone have experience with any of their other products?

3 comments:

  1. We'd love to have you join our swap! Could you send me an email so that I can get your information? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I registered for the Chicco highchair and pack in play. The only reason I did not do the travel system which I like WAY better than the Graco one we registered for. Is my husband read every single safety report known to man and the Graco Snug Ride always was rated number one. So, thats what we had to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE our Chicco also. We have the same color. It is great for either a boy or a girl. I love the car seat and can't wait to use it again for our new little man. The only thing that I don't like about the travel system is that it took up my entire trunk of my Honda. But now that we are going to have two I am in LOVE with my Phil & Ted's. If you are going to have two you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete