Monday, February 22, 2010

Confession #13: Sometimes I feel like a single parent

It's really hard for me to put this out there, but here it goes...

Right now I'm laying in bed with the cat while my husband is sleeping on the couch downstairs. We haven't spoken in a few hours. If you asked me why, I couldn't really give you a good explanation. Here are the events leading up to him sleeping on the couch:
G was a little fussy this afternoon. I came home to pick him up and then took him back to school with me because we had a basketball playoff game. He fussed before we fed him, but then he was good. Hubby surprised us by showing up. G fussed at first but I think he didn't recognize daddy because he was clean shaven (he usually has a goatee and partial beard). Then he was good for the rest of the game. At the very end of the game I had to get the water coolers and when I came back, G was crying VERY loudly. Hubby stormed out of the gym. He gets "embarrassed" when G is loud. Whatever. I picked G up and he calmed down. He fussed a little as I put him in the car, but was quiet the whole way home. Hubby stayed downstairs slamming cabinet doors and acting immaturely until he realized no one was paying him any attention. I got G ready for bed and fed him with my mom.
That's it.
I've avoided blogging about this for so long.
And for right now I'm going to refrain from rehashing so many things because I've been praying and I have seen lots of improvement on hubby's part. But in this moment I'm reliving all the negativity.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand why he would feel embarrassed I mean babies cry that is a fact of life. Oh how he just needs to wait until they are two and pitch a HUGE fit in the middle of the store for something.

    ReplyDelete